Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What I'm Learning At The Door

There is very little in life more revealing and inspirational than knocking doors in Senate District 47. We covered another 345 doors over the last week and there are more than a few things that I have heard with potential constituents that I want to share with you right now.

First, as the economy still struggles to be what it was a few years ago, it is clear that Oklahomans are concerned about some of the news and in particular, what they can do to protect that which is theirs without the fear of being criminalized for exercising their 2nd amendment rights.

I am a veteran, a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment and I believe that the Heller decision wherein the Supreme Court did affirm that the right to keep and bear arms is exactly what the founding fathers intended - the right of the individual. I consider myself to be one of the more conservative, realistic candidates in this race with an unsurpassed understanding of the Constitution. You see, we are a nation of laws and those laws are predicated on the Constitution itself. I believe strongly in the right of the individual to keep and bear arms to protect their property and their families. That is why I support New Mexico style 'open carry' laws. Currently, Oklahoma is one of only 7 states with a ban on open carry.

Second, the taxpayers of Senate District 47 want their next State Senator to be someone who has a diverse background. As I have said, I am a veteran and believe that our state can do a better job of caring for those who have stood a post and protected our liberty and our freedom. I have worked in the public sector as well, so I understand the nuance and subtlety of state government. Most importantly, I have unmatched private sector experience. I understand what it means to grow a business, to make payroll and how cumbersome government regulation hinders growth. When elected, the taxpayers of Oklahoma's Senate District 47 will have the "triple threat" in me.

Lastly, government spending is out of control and the administrative salaries at many of our state agencies boggle the mind. So far, every person we have met at the door has agreed with me and my focus on reining in wasteful government spending.

I pledge to the taxpayers of my Senate District that I will not take a salary if elected Senator, but rather ask the Governor to ensure my salary goes to veterans and to improve foster care in Oklahoma. You see, I want this job to be what the founding fathers intended as a "citizen legislature." I plan to serve, create more streamlined and effective government, protect our Constitutional rights I stood a post to defend, and maintain my private sector business.

My friends, that is exactly what the taxpayers of Senate District 47 desire and deserve. Join me in this fight. Contribute to my campaign and be a part of a return to Constitutional government. www.kennygoza.us. Contribute your time, your industry and your hard-earned dollars if you feel so moved. I can assure you it will be an investment in our freedom, in our future.

Thank you.

Kenny

"Pinch a penny, vote for Kenny."

Look at this Open Carry website.

No comments:

Post a Comment