Thursday, December 2, 2010

Borders At The Door

I have spent almost every day at the doorstep of Senate District 47 constituents and I have previously told you some of their thoughts and how I plan to address them once elected. Another of the hot button issues is that of securing our borders and actually doing something about illegal immigration.

Politics is often about telling people what they want to hear, molding a promise or campaign slogan around that ideology, only later to determine that very little of substance gets done. And this is certainly the case where illegal immigration is concerned. Some of the candidates for the State Senate avoided the issue altogether but that's just not the type of person I am.

Illegal immigration and protecting our borders are issues that virtually everyone is concerned about in Senate District 47 and they are concerned that promises of the past that turned into broken promises of the present will be the norm in this election. I have said from the beginning that I support tough restrictions on immigration and find it deplorable that the state of Oklahoma has allowed the children of illegal aliens to receive the benefits of our children whose families are working hard - that is in-state tuition rates.

According to the Constitution, naturalization and immigration are supposed to be the responsibility of the federal government and time and time again we have seen our members of Congress fail to do that which they promised. The reasons why they have been lax are multitudinous, but since the federal government has failed, the states with the power of the 10th Amendment, can and should.

When you elect me, you will have someone in your corner, fighting for Arizona-style immigration laws and unlike others who have promised big and delivered little, I have a track record of success and experience in saying what I will do and doing what I say. You see, I built my business, my career on hard work and sweat equity, demanding nothing from taxpayers but rather have contributed through private sector enterprise. Illegal immigration is a drain on the taxpayers of Oklahoma and the last thing we need is another career politician who promises big but will deliver nothing but platitudes.

I'm in your corner - almost 80% of all Oklahomans believe that illegal immigration is a problem and frankly, the time has come for action, not platitudes.

I'm asking for your vote, for your confidence to tell the establishment once and for all "no mas." No more. I will fight for immigration reform in Oklahoma and you won't have to even cut me a paycheck to accomplish that task.

Kenny


Pinch a penny, vote for Kenny

No comments:

Post a Comment